Bio-based PPA - Description
The key features of this material are:
- High bio-content
- Very low moisture absorption compared to other materials
- High dimensional stability
- Excellent resistance to chemicals and hydrolysis
- High peak temperature and heat resistance
- Suitable for lead-free soldering
Available as halogen-free flame-retardant compound for E&E applications.
The bio-content of these products varies from about 50% up to 99% depending on the type of polymer, when determined according to ASTM D 6866-12 and expressed in percentage of total carbon.
It is a new product line in the product range of the company. Its special polymer structure allows a completely new performance spectrum, unique in this material group, to be achieved. This product stands out due to its very low moisture uptake, which allows components with very high dimensional stability to be manufactured. In addition, this new polymer is extremely resistant to hydrolysis and can be used for applications involving direct contact with water. The unique property profile of the material opens up unimagined possibilities for highly technical applications in the fields of automotive construction, electro and electronics as well as industry and consumer goods.
The key benefits include:
- Low water absorption and high dimensional stability
- Very good resistance to hydrolysis
- Good toughness
- Excellent resistance to chemicals