Looking for a topical solution for API solubility?
Hesperidin is a bioflavonoid found in high concentration in citrus fruits. In addition to its well-known benefits for cardiovascular function, type II diabetes, and anti-inflammation, recent studies have demonstrated the multiple benefits of hesperidin for cutaneous functions, including wound healing, UV protection, anti-inflammation, anti-microbial, skin cancer prevention, and skin lightening. Because of its low cost, wide availability, and superior safety, hesperidin could prove useful for the management of a variety of cutaneous conditions. However, a limiting factor of hesperidin is its water solubility.
- Hesperidin should be used with a solubiliser in order to overcome its poor water solubility.
- Procipient® is a superior solvent with an optimal safety and toxicology profile: highly purified DMSO with a minimum purity of 99.99%, water-white odourless liquid, extremely polar solvent.
- Incorporation of an alginate in the water-based gel emphasises the wound-healing role of hesperidin and helps to create a hydrocolloidal gel with better healing properties.
- The creation of an oleogel helps the spreadability and ultimately the stability of the product.
- Only a small amount of oleogel needs to be administered vs. standard gels.