Looking for a spreadable topical solution?
Mucopolysaccharide polysulfate (MPS) cream is a heparinoid-containing product. Besides superficial phlebitis, tired legs and skin contusion (e.g. bruises), MPS cream has been widely used as an effective moisturiser to manage a variety of skin conditions, including eczema, psoriasis, post-operative ecchymosis and edema. For this, the cream needs to present low toxicity and irritability, but also needs to display excellent spreading and non-tacky behaviour.
- MPS is a very versatile ingredient, with anti-inflammatory effects on PGE2, anticoagulant properties, thrombolytic activity, and anti-exudative effects.
- Enhanced skin feel and superb spreadability.
- Correct choice of excipients and order of addition are crucial for this formulation.
- The special grade of white petrolatum offers a superior silky skin feel.
- The formulation has excellent spreadability and is therefore suitable for use when large areas of the skin are affected.
- Cream formulations usually offer better moisturising effects than gel formulas due to better absorption.