Nov 01, 2019
ROTTERDAM, The NetherlandsPharma
IMCD to acquire Swiss based DCS Pharma AG
IMCD N.V. (“IMCD” or “Company”), a leading distributor of specialty chemicals and food ingredients, today announces that it signed an agreement to acquire in two steps, 100% of the outstanding shares of Swiss based pharmaceutical distributor DCS Pharma AG : 90% of the shares upon fulfilment of transaction-related conditions and the remaining 10% as per 31 December 2021.
John Robinson, IMCD Business Group Director Pharmaceuticals comments, “DCS is a significant acquisition for the development of our Pharmaceutical business, not only in expanding our global footprint, but moreover in exploiting the clear pipeline, formulation and marketing synergies between Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Excipients.’’
Beat Berger, CEO DCS Pharma AG adds, “I am absolutely excited about the potential of coupling DCS Pharma’s leading position in Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients with IMCD’s geographic coverage, laboratory network and excellence in Excipients. Our existing and future partners will be able to benefit from a significantly increased network within the pharmaceutical industry.”